Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ratchet File #1 - Hygiene, Etiquette, and Public Transportation

I'd just like to say...

This...

IMG 20130222 180046

...Is...not...ACCEPTABLE!!!

By this, I mean the above picture.

All this happened when I was traveling through a small town just east of Los Angeles.  To all you Angelenos out there, I'm referring to the sleepy city of Norwalk (well, not so sleepy).  I got on the bus to further explore any uncharted territory when I caught notice of every passenger holding their noses.  I asked myself why everybody was doing such a thing, only to find my answer in the form of some crusty ass bum who doesn't know the definition of a bath.  Not even Calgon could take me away as she was smelling foul beyond foul.  By the time we got to the station, everyone cleared off the bus as though there was a mass murderer with a shotgun on the bus.  Sadly, my Norwalk trip was a bust.

The point I'd like to emphasize is that one should not board any form of public transportation without making sure their hygiene is in check.  It doesn't make sense that somebody gets on the bus and they don't care that every passenger knows they smell like the 10 Fwy underpass after dark (you know a person smells when you have to use a location to describe the intensity of the stench).  I've run into some folks who are down on their luck and they go out of their way to stay clean and proper.
Also, don't get on the bus if you are incoherent, or just plain stupid drunk.  Otherwise you might end up like this:


This video stemmed from an incident in the year 2012 where I caught the bus from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles back to my place.  Once again for my fellow Angelenos, you know where I'm referring to.  For all those not familiar with Los Angeles, this is LACMTA Bus Line 40, a route that will take you from Union Station to a shopping mall in the city of Redondo Beach called the South Bay Galleria, and vice-versa.  The female in the front of the bus was abhorrently inebriated.  Drunk beyond drunk.  Watch the video to see what transpired.  Seriously, if you're going to board the bus, please sober up first.  You will make your and everyone else's ride more pleasant.

I'd also like to emphasize this:  TURN YOUR FUCKING MUSIC DOWN WHEN YOU'RE ON THE FUCKING BUS!!!  Nothing worse than when a person in deep thought only for their meditations to be interrupted by the sounds of Lil' Wayne or some other nameless bubblegum pop rapper.  Headphones and earbuds were invented for a reason.  Stop that shit.  Or risk getting your cell phone Hulk-smashed.

You know what to do in the comments box.

No comments:

Post a Comment